Construction of New Station in 1999
In 1999, the Conway Fire Department embarked on a construction project to replace the 1951 station with a larger two story building on the same Main Street site. The 1951 station was a familiar sight to all who passed through Conway Village. The new facility is expected to meet the needs of the community for at least the next half century. The larger apparatus bay allows all of the department's equipment to be housed in one location. Routine tasks such as stocking hose on the pumpers can now be performed inside, which is a blessing during the winter months. The new station also houses the offices of the fire chief and other officers, a well equipped dispatch center, and lounge, kitchen, and available sleeping quarters for full time and on call personnel. The station also features an accessible meeting room which serves groups such as the Conway Historical Society and the American Red Cross, in addition to its primary use for department training.